ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE
- Piazza San Marco - Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- Santa Maria Formosa - History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square.
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune.
- Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre - Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice. Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Meeting Point: ST. MARK’S SQUARE - CLOCK TOWER NEAR EXCHANGE OFFICE (the white building with the blue clock facade). Please be the 15 minutes before the beginning of the tour.
- Departure time: Every day at 9:00 AM
- Duration: 1.30 hrs. approx (20 minutes more for demostration in St. Mark's Square)
- Languages: from April to October: English, French, Spanish, German: every day - Italian only on Saturday. The visit is monolingual.
From November to March: English every day - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Spanish on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. The visit could be bilingual.
- Price: Adult € 25 - Child: FREE under 6 years
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities -
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptionally high tide and on 25th December and 1st January
- Comfortable shoes are suggested.
- Mobile voucher are accepted
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
- The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- For General Conditions refers to our brochure "Discover Venice"
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTWALKING