Have a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice.
A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city.
After the stunning walking tour relax yourself on a gondola which brings your through the labyrinth of Venetian canals!
An essential tour for the understanding of Venice!
- Piazza San Marco - Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- Santa Maria Formosa - History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square. Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune. Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre - Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice.
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
- At the end of the walking tour you will enjoy a relaxing gondola ride approx. 30 minutes ride on the Grand Canal (S. Maria della Salute area) and minor canals (Fenice area).
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Meeting point: St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower. (See the map and indications below)
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation: From 1st April 2018 to 31st October 2020. The tour does not operate 25th December - 1st January - 16th, 23th February and in case of exceptional high tide.
- Departure and meeting: every day at 09:00 AM. Please at the meeting points 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Inclusion: Shared guided walking tour by qualified and experienced guide - Approximately 30 minutes shared gondola ride without commentary - Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people - Glass Craftsman at work close to Saint Mark's Square.
- Duration: 2 hours. The tour ends at 11:30 AM
- Languages: the visit is monolingual: from April to October: English, French, Spanish and German every day - Italian only on Saturday.
From November to March: English every day - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - From 1st February, French is every day - Spanish on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Gross price public rate
€ 59 € 56 per person - € 33 per person from 3 to 5 years old - Free under 2 years only if they do not occupy own seat - No minimum participants
- Sale & reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or bad weather (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
Comfortable shoes are suggested
Each gondola can guest maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending on guests weight.
For general conditions refer to our brochure “Discovering Venice”.
How to reach the meeting point:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: QPCOMBOWAL