1- Skip the line ticket for San Marco Museums
2- Handy Guide Book with details of Doge’s Palace, Basilica, Saint Mark’s square.
3- Free entrance to Music Museum and ticket for Saint Mark's Square Museums.
- The Doge's Palace was founded after 812 in the monumental zone of Piazza San Marco. It is a masterpiece with a distinctive style inspired by Byzantine and Oriental architecture. The Doge's Palace and the New Prison are connected via a double passageway over one of Venice's most famous bridges: the Bridge of Sighs, so called because prisoners, crossing the bridge, used to sigh at the idea of seeing Venice for the last time.
- The Royal Palace - today's Museo Correr, was once the palace of the highest dignitaries in Venice: the procurators. At the far end of the square stood the Church of San Giminiano, demolished and rebuilt by Napoleon to make sumptuous salons. During Napoleon Kingdom of Italy (1805-1814), the Procuratie Nuove buildings were the Royal Palace, refurbished for Empress Elisabeth of Austria. This function continued until 1946. Today, in Correr Museum, visitors can learn about the Venetian way of life through sculpture, paintings, libraries and discover secrets of Venice's naval power.
Doge Palace Opening hours: from 1st April to 31st October: 8.30AM to 7PM (last admission 6:00PM)
From 1st November to 31st March: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (last admission 4:30)
Handy guide book included!
We give you the opportunity to discover an hidden treasure of the city, free entrance.
Handy guide book information:
- Meeting point to collect the tickets: Bookshop Music Museum in Campo San Maurizio, Church of St. Maurizio. - (Church of St. Maurizio). Opening time: every day from 09:30 AM to 7:00 PM. (Staff book speaks only English.
- Opening hours of Doge’s Palace: From 1st April to 31st October 08:30 AM to 7:00 PM (last admission 6:00) - From 1st November to 31st March 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (last admission 4:30 pm).
- Availability: From 1st April 2017 to January 2020 – The service is not available on 25th-26th December 2018-2019 – 1st and 2nd January 2019 and 2020.
- Duration: Individual
- Languages: Handy guide book in: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Russian. Doge’s Palace and Palace of Saint Mark’s Square without commentary.
- Inclusion: Skip the line entrance ticket to Doge’s palace and ticket valid to visit by yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeolgico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Marciana) plus Handy guide book (one for each couple or one every 2 people in case of family or group) with details of Doge’s Palace, Basilica, Saint Mark’s Square and suggestions for 7 itineraries to visit Venice. Detailed map is included with public boat transportation information.
- Price: € 24 per person. From 1st January 2019 € 29 per person – Free under 6 years old
- Sale: free sale with reservation until 30 hours before.
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace: FREE DEPOSIT INSIDE
Comfortable shoes suggested.
Mobile vouchers are accepted.
For general conditions refers to our brochure "Discover Venice".
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
Tickets and Guide Book have to be collected at the BOOKSHOP MUSIC MUSEUM, CAMPO SAN MAURIZIO, CHURCH OF ST. MAURIZIO every day from 09:30am to 7:00pm (STAFF OF BOOK SHOP SPEAK ENGLISH ONLY)
From the Bookshop Music Museum to the Doges Palace is about 7 minutes walking distance.
DOGES PALACE OPENING HOURS:
from April 1st to October 31st 8:30am – 7:00pm (last admission 6:00pm)
from November 1st to March 31st 8:30am – 5:30pm (last admission 4:30pm).
By public boat
Take line #1 and get off at the “SANTA MARIA DEL GIGLIO” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn LEFT and go straight towards the Accademia. After few meters you are in Campo San Maurizio.
From Saint Mark’s Square take direction the Accademia, just 5 minutes walking distance and you are arrived in San Maurizio Square.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTSKIPBOOK