1- Skip the line ticket for San Marco Museums
2- Handy Guide Book with details of Doge’s Palace, Basilica, Saint Mark’s square.
3- Free entrance to Music Museum and ticket for Saint Mark's Square Museums.
- The Doge's Palace was founded after 812 in the monumental zone of Piazza San Marco. It is a masterpiece with a distinctive style inspired by Byzantine and Oriental architecture. The Doge's Palace and the New Prison are connected via a double passageway over one of Venice's most famous bridges: the Bridge of Sighs, so called because prisoners, crossing the bridge, used to sigh at the idea of seeing Venice for the last time.
- The Royal Palace - today's Museo Correr, was once the palace of the highest dignitaries in Venice: the procurators. At the far end of the square stood the Church of San Giminiano, demolished and rebuilt by Napoleon to make sumptuous salons. During Napoleon Kingdom of Italy (1805-1814), the Procuratie Nuove buildings were the Royal Palace, refurbished for Empress Elisabeth of Austria. This function continued until 1946. Today, in Correr Museum, visitors can learn about the Venetian way of life through sculpture, paintings, libraries and discover secrets of Venice's naval power.
Doge Palace Opening hours: from 1st April to 31st October: 8.30AM to 7PM (last admission 6:00PM)
From 1st November to 31st March: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (last admission 4:30)
Handy guide book included!
We give you the opportunity to discover an hidden treasure of the city, free entrance.
Handy guide book information:
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Russian.
- Detailed map is included with public boat information.
- Price: € 24 per person - Free under 6 years old.
- Where can I take the handy guide book? - To BOOKSHOP MUSIC MUSEUM, in Campo San Maurizio at the Church of St. Maurizio. From Bookshop Music Museum to Doges Palaces is about 7 minutes walking distance.
- When? Every day from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm (Staff of book shop speak English only)
- What's included? - "Skip the line" entrance ticket to the Doge's Palace and ticket valid to visit by yourself the palaces around St. Mark's Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
- Handy guide book (one for each couple) with details of Doge's Palace, Basilica, Saint Mark's Square and suggestions for 7 itineraries to visit Venice. (The Doge's Palace and Palaces of Saint Mark' Square are without commentary.
- Detailed map is included with public boat transportation information.
Venice needs your help:
Check the guide of the responsible visitor.
This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace: FREE DEPOSIT INSIDE
Comfortable shoes suggested.
Mobile vouchers are accepted.
For general conditions refers to our brochure "Discover Venice".
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTSKIPBOOK